The RSAW have partnered with Sero to deliver the Optimised Retrofit CPD Programme consisting of three seminars, exploring:
- ‘What is Net Zero Carbon’
- The Whole Home Survey
- The Pathway to Net Zero Tools
The team at Sero have developed in-depth insight into the world of retrofit for built environment professionals working primarily in the social housing sector. It paves the way for Architects, in particular, to consider this approach for one-off and private sector housing schemes in need of retrofitting for the future. Not to mention raising awareness of the Welsh Governments commitment to succeed in becoming Net Zero Carbon by 2030.
The first two seminars of the series were delivered to 229 professionals across the built environment in Wales and the feedback has been fantastic:
- Very informative, full of facts and very helpful to further understand net-zero carbon – a subject much in the news but with little detail until now
- Informative, good delivery & responses to attendees questions
- Speaker was very knowledgeable and updated us on the current market thinking as well as government policy
- Really informative session that great for challenging our thinking
- Very good, one of the best “lockdown” seminars I have attended
- Lots of relevant information for a practising architect clearly presented- excellent- one of the best RSAW/RIBA webinars so far.
- Confidence in the speakers’ expertise and the knowledge that they were sharing
For the RSAW it has never been more important to highlight the importance of collaborating with like-minded organisations, to tackle the climate emergency and embrace change. The RIBA, whose 2030 Climate Challenge demonstrates everything we are trying to achieve as an organisation, for the RSAW in partnership with the Built Environment here in Wales, to address and commit as a sector.
The Optimised Retrofit CPD Programme will be hosted for free at the RIBA Academy towards the end of July 2021.